Does the Book Work?


I just have to put in a few wonderful comments from readers. Gradually, I'm beginning to believe in the book. There are a few lovely reviews on Amazon.co.uk and several journals and newspapers have reviewed it and said some very nice things about it. I think it's O.k. (phew!) BL


Marcy said...I finished it today. You did a fabulous job and your grandad would be proud. This is definitely a book that can be used by scholars, not just interested persons. Kudos to you, Bill, you have a winner here.

Linda said...Yes... I know I said I would not read to the end, but The Book has been sitting and whispering to me for too long. So I finished it, it is absolutely brilliant, perfect to the very end and I finished the way I started, stroking it and thinking about when I should start to read it, again. You should be very very proud it's definitely a keeper (you won't see this in the charity shops, I'm sure). Once again, well done you.

Jackie said...I felt the same way as Linda. I didn't want to read ahead of the blog but I couldn't stop myself. It's a wonderful book, even better than the blog! I shed a few tears more than once. I would definitely recommend it to people.


4 comments:

TyauvinOn said...

Bill,
Just got the book here in the US on Friday evening.
It is excellent - thank you
I have posted reviews on Facebook and Amazon US

Great job

All the Best

Jim

joan said...

Bill,just have to say i loved the book.It was great to see photos of everyone waiting at home for harry.I will treasure the book for ever and you should be very proud.Thanks for sharing Harrys story with us. Joan

Anonymous said...

I finished it today. You did a fabulous job and your grandad would be proud. This is definitely a book that can be used by scholars, not just interested persons. Kudos to you, Bill, you have a winner here.

Marcy

Anonymous said...

Your book has arrived on the public library shelf in Hamilton, New Zealand.