Visit to Italy


Well, if Harry can't come home, then I'm going out there!

I've arranged a visit to Italy to see the battlefields and to check out where Harry visited. Rocco, one of our faithful contributors, has generously offered accommodation and to be my guide. I'm travelling out on Wednesday 16th September and returning on 20th. Ryanair has provided flights from Cornwall to Venice via London at a ridiculous price with ideal connections. Seems too good to be true!

If anyone has any wish for me to take photographs of a particular grave or location, I'll do my best to oblige. If you're in Italy and want to meet up, let me know Email and I'll try to sort it.


The local TV news announced yesterday that Ryanair was cancelling all flights from Cornwall! After a few moments of great disappointment, it was confirmed that the flights don't stop until Oct 1st. Thankfully, I'll be home by then. BL

5 comments:

Janell said...

Climb every mountain, search high and low, follow every byway, every path you know. Harry will show you the way. Tell us of your experience. We would love to take the journey with you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! How exciting! This will be a fantastic experience for you, and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Cecilia in Michigan

livio said...

My Grandfather and his brother fought in the WWI, in the Piave river area. In that period Hemingway drove ambulances for the American Red Cross and my grandfather Bartolomeo a Fiat 15 Ter full of ammunitions. May be they met :). Also John Dos Passos was around.
I have some pictures of my grandpa and brother of that period (without american writers). I'll look for it and i'll send you.

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip --- I'm not about to tell you what photographs to take: after all, you've already done a fantastic job of leading us through Harry's war, and I doubt you'll disapoint us now!

Italian Learner said...

Amazing and exciting. I think this will be a interesting experience for you, I hope you enjoy it.