Letter to Kate, 19th August 1919


32507/9th Batt Y+L
att Royal Munster Fusiler
A.P.O. Box R. L9
I.E.F Italy
August 19th/1919

Dear Kate
Just a line to let you know that I have received your letter, I have also received one from Jack. Ethel told me in her last letter that Annie had got married I am very glad that it is all over. I think she will be alright. I was pleased to hear that Mr Leverton was their and Annie Bonser. I dont know when I shall get a leave but I hope it will not be long, write as often as you can and let me know all the news. It has been very hot this month out hear. We dont get to know much about demob I expect they will soon start now. write as often as you can
With Best Love
Harry

1 comment:

Kittybriton said...

Poor Harry! It just doesn't seem right after all you've been through and all you've done for us that the authorities keep you hanging around with no indication of when you might be demobbed.